Gamer Spotlight FAQ
Okay maybe it’s not Frequently Asked Questions…more like a buncha facts. But hopefully they will clear up some of your questions.
- The Gamer Spotlight is published every Tuesday.
- For those of you who say I’ve never spotlighted a young/old/whatever gamer– yes, actually I have.
- In the month of July alone I have received over 250 nominations for the Gamer Spotlight. That is enough to carry me through the next five years.
- I can’t put everyone nominated in the Gamer Spotlight.
- Just because I send you the questions and you send back your answers does not guarantee your Spotlight will be published.
- For every email you send me (or ask someone else to send me) asking when your spotlight will be published, it is increasingly unlikely that your spotlight will EVER be published.
- When you nominate yourself or someone else, spend some time on your nomination. An interesting nomination mail is likely to lead to an interesting Spotlight.
- I know you want to see your gamertag on the website. Your mom and grandpa would dig it too. But the rest of us need something interesting to read. Your monosyllabic answers to my questions are not interesting to anyone but you and Mom.
- If you’ve been in the Gamer Spotlight previously and have since changed your gamertag I will not update your page. You shouldn’t have changed it. Sorry dude.
- The only way to get the TriXie icon is to be in the Gamer Spotlight or Community Spotlight. I will only award the icon to the same gamertag that was featured on Xbox.com. If you changed it; too bad.
- Out of over 160 Gamer Spotlights, only 19 have been women. So I don’t wanna hear your bellyaching about how only girls get attention.
- Any other questions?