TriXie’s Mailbag – Part 2
Here are answers to some recent emails I’ve received at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanks for your interest, but the Xbox Live Arcade Party sweepstakes was A YEAR AGO. The Points are gone and the pizzas have been eaten.
- I’m sorry to hear about your lost job/sick kid/bad luck, but I don’t have any Xbox 360 Elites to hand out.
- No thanks, I have plenty of Xbox Ambassadors right now.
- While I appreciate that you are ‘desperate’ to get into the games industry, we hire a janitorial staff to sweep our floors. Try getting a Computer Science degree.
- Thanks for your email. I regret I do not understand Spanish/German/French/Korean.
- Because Europe has its own Marketing department who run their own events and contests. It’s not because we hate you.
- No, I don’t know why Xbox Live has not launched in your country. It’s not because we hate you.
- I agree that it’s fun to get things for free. However our stockholders would not be very happy if we gave away everything gratis.
- I’m not recruiting Xbox Ambassadors right now.
- No, I don’t know when Video Marketplace is coming to your country. It’s not because we hate you.
- No, I don’t know when your favorite show is coming to Video Marketplace.
- While I appreciate the great service that Ambassadors provide, I can not expand your friends list/give you a watermark/give you a special gamerpicture/give you a free Xbox Live subscription/get you into the Halo 3 friends and family beta/make you a star.
- Try calling 1 800-4MY XBOX.
- Check out www.microsoft.com/careers
- Yeah events do tend to be in New York or Los Angeles. I can’t predict when or if there we be an event in your town. It’s not because we hate you.
- Wow I’m so happy you added me to your Facebook/Tagged/Linked In/Whatever site. Now go away.
- No I will not kick someone off my Friends List to add you. It’s not because I hate you.
- I have enough Xbox Ambassadors, thanks.
- Use the Report tool.
- I’m sorry you had to see that. Please file bad feedback.
- GamerchiX Ladies Night is not like Frag Doll Friday. It’s for the girls to play each other.