Whew! Finally got settled. Here was yesterday:
- 10 hour flight to Tokyo sitting next to a chatty old man with death breath.
- 2 hour bus ride from Narita to my hotel in Shinjuku (my ‘real’ hotel was full)
- Discover hotel has no room service. Lobby shop has no diet coke. But my view was AMAZING.
- Slept for 9 hours
Here was today so far:
- Get up at 5am
- Find nice couple from San Francisco to help me get to Shinjuku Station.
- No English is spoken. Much pointing and sheepish smiling leads to ticket to Chiba.
- 1 hour on the local train. Adorable 7 or 8 year old Japanse schoolgirls dressed like Madeline.
- Arrive in Chiba, get in taxi. Taxi has doilies on the headrests.
- Taxi driver’s only English = Microsoftu? Bill Gatesu!
- Get to hotel. Can’t check in until 2pm.
- Eat nasty breakfast.
- Do interview with Lost Odyssey dude.
- Go check out Xbox booth on show floor
- Make a baby whirlm in Viva Pinata for Windows
- Fail to roll a 50cm ball in Beautiful Katamari
- Finally check into real room. So spectacular there must be a mistake!
- Watch sumo wrestling on the bathroom TV
- Go to Ninja Gaiden II interview. Bloodiest. Game. Ever.
- Now I’m off to the TGS Xbox Community party.