2007 was a swell year. Here are some of the highlights:
- GDC: GamerchiX represent at the Women in Gaming shindig in San Francisco.
- ZUMA: I’ve beat the game over 60 times now…and still can’t stop playing.
- Kindle: My new best friend.
- PAX: so fun hanging out with Xbox community peeps! And dressing up Feelz Good.
- FREEDOM FEST! Those of you who were there remember the fun.
- E3: best part was meeting Fruit Brute and Tiny Dancer. Worst was the infamous bullride.
- Tokyo Game Show: Was great to finally visit Japan. But the food sucked.
- LA Times: was awesome to have GamerchiX featured on the front page of the Business section!
- KOMO TV: Apparently I was on the local evening news talking about women in the games industry. I didn’t see it, but other people did.
- World Cyber Games: My favorite part of my job took me to New York, Cancun, Singapore, and Orlando. Best part was Team USA’s triumph!!
- UCLA: being invited to speak at the iConference 2008. Pretty cool for a college dropout to be a keynote speaker for a bunch of grad students!
- New Music: I became big fans of Queens of the Stone Age after a front-row seat at their concert at a Rock Band party. And I discovered Rock Kills Kid when they played WCG Grand Finals (and let me play Rock Band with them)
- Medals: Getting to hang medals around the necks of Team USA’s top three PGR 3 players in Orlando.
- SPIKE: was cool hanging with Geoff and Jamie from Game Head in Cancun, Santa Monica, Orlando and Seattle. Maj and I even made a couple episodes of their WCG coverage.
This is getting too long. There are many many more highlights… too many to list. Suffice it to say this was a truly great year working with the Xbox Community!