- The alarm clock in my hotel room does not work–no worries, I only missed the Guided Networking, which sounds kinda like some sort of hypno-therapy or past-life regression.
- Female programmers are as rare as discount-priced Manolo Blahniks.
- Women don’t apply for jobs in the game industry because 1) they don’t know the jobs exist 2) they have a higher expectation of work-life balance and, this last one is mine 3) we don’t want to spend 15 hours a day with smelly socks-and-sandals-wearing social retards who stare at our boobs when we talk…
- Many people refuse to identify themselves as ‘gamers’ even though they may put in 20 hours a week playing casual games, WoW, or The Sims.
- Boys’ and girls’ interest level in games, science and math is equal until age ten, when girls’ interest dwindles.
- This is what girls don’t like about video games: They lack purpose, the UI is intimidating, they’re unrealistic, few female characters (none of which they can relate to), violence, gaming has negative social connotations.
- Here’s what girls want in games: A strong story line that makes sense, collaborative play, games that are process-oriented rather than goal oriented, exploration instead of competition, characters they can identify with.
- Female game characters are 3 times more likely to scream and to wear revealing clothing than male characters. Dur.
Can’t wait for tomorrow… there are some kick-ass panels on online community, plus I’m gonna see the Frag Dolls and PMS Clan discuss female pro gamers, plus there a couple of parties. Anyone dare me to boo John Smedley’s keynote address? He’s the Prez of Sony Online Entertainment…