I’m sooooo glad to be home. That was just about the worst travel day ever.
- VideoMonkey was so freaked about being late for our flight to Amsterdam that he insisted we leave the hotel at 4am. We got to the airport before it opened. Like people were sleeping outside the door.
- The Alitalia flight had all male stewardesses. Wacky.
- 4 hour layover in Amsterdam. Many euros were spent in the duty-free shops. I bought a fabulous Burberry bag. Photo below.
- They confiscated my Diet Coke! I felt sorry for myself until I learned the couple next to me had 16 bottles of wine they bought in France confiscated.
- A baby five rows ahead of me screamed NON STOP for ten hours. That kid needed a Vicodin. Seriously I was half-hoping the plane would crash…that’s how bad it was.
- Watched "Click" (until I accidentally sat on the remote and couldn’t be bothered to find where I’d left off. What happened at the end?) "The Devil Wears Prada" (better than the book. That chick is a terrible writer–almost as bad as Candace Bushnell) and half of "The Day After Tomorrow"
- Got home to a dark apartment and a note from Puget Sound Energy on the door. Yup, I forgot to pay my bill. Luckily they turned it back on by 9pm.
- Did I mention my fabulous Burberry bag?
17 thoughts on “Ahh back in the USA”
PSE is way better than Seattle City Light. My power goes off at least 2 times a month (or whenever the wind blows more than 10MPH). I’ve lost many a XBL session thanks to them.
Do you know about the store down in Renton that sells fake Louis Vuitton, Burberry, etc? If you are down for fake, its the place to be! It is where I buy all of my fashionable accessories Oh wait… 🙂
I hate having Baby’s on a plane. They should have a section just for them. Glad your back though! 🙂
Love u Trix.
Welcome Home Trixie! Yayyyyyyyyyy! *big greeting hug* =)
Welcome back! I didn’t even know you had a blog. Sweet! Did
Mr. Hyrb ever mention you had a blog on his podcasts? Anyway I now have your
blog bookmarked; you have a much better sense of comedy then Larry. OK bb comment
your blog some other time. Have fun, play fair… He didn’t say that on his last
show! Thank god it was getting old.
just in time! be sure to eat some Egg Salad before it "flies" off the shelves 😉
Good to know you are home safe and sound from your travels. As an odd note if you were to take a train from Seattle to Portland on the way down right now they would have shown you Click and on the way back it would have been The Devil Wears Prada. It really is a small world.
So the flight attendants were shemales?
I wouldn’t be bragging about that handbag if I was you Trixie…
I would’ve drank the Diet Coke right in front of the TSA guys and said "There! are you happy now?"
Me envious!!!!! Me loves Burberry Brit, but all I have is the perfum I got from my bf on my birthday.
And you got babies again?!? Jesus! Don’t people their kinds to the park anymore or something? Weird!!!
And is the jetlag going?
I have to fly home to Hawaii from the East coast during summer and Christmas, so I can definitely feel your pain when you’re talking about the stresses of traveling. I clicked on your blog from my friend Echohammer419’s friends list, btw.
The remote did you a favor, saving you from one of the worst Adam Sandler films of his career. Seriously.
Male stewardesses – that does sound wacky…What shade of lipstick? No, n’mind, don’t wanna know!
Screaming children are best solved by headphones and loud music. Can’t blame them though. It’s loud, it’s cramped, and your ears go crazy. We’d all be crying too if we were used to being treated no worse than being wrapped up in blankets all the time.
So where u from ma Lady?