Ahh back in the USA
I’m sooooo glad to be home. That was just about the worst travel day ever.
- VideoMonkey was so freaked about being late for our flight to Amsterdam that he insisted we leave the hotel at 4am. We got to the airport before it opened. Like people were sleeping outside the door.
- The Alitalia flight had all male stewardesses. Wacky.
- 4 hour layover in Amsterdam. Many euros were spent in the duty-free shops. I bought a fabulous Burberry bag. Photo below.
- They confiscated my Diet Coke! I felt sorry for myself until I learned the couple next to me had 16 bottles of wine they bought in France confiscated.
- A baby five rows ahead of me screamed NON STOP for ten hours. That kid needed a Vicodin. Seriously I was half-hoping the plane would crash…that’s how bad it was.
- Watched "Click" (until I accidentally sat on the remote and couldn’t be bothered to find where I’d left off. What happened at the end?) "The Devil Wears Prada" (better than the book. That chick is a terrible writer–almost as bad as Candace Bushnell) and half of "The Day After Tomorrow"
- Got home to a dark apartment and a note from Puget Sound Energy on the door. Yup, I forgot to pay my bill. Luckily they turned it back on by 9pm.
- Did I mention my fabulous Burberry bag?