Highlights and Lowlights of 2006
Yeah, I know I’m a bit late in the year-end wrap-up department. It was just so overwhelming. I never got around to posting the Major Nelson and TriXie Christmas Playlist either, though we did finally agree that Dean Martin rocks the best version of "Baby It’s Cold Outside."
Highlights of the year:
- The Blogger Bus!
- Community Party at E3
- Beating Zuma! (11 times)
- Co-Founding GamerchiX with my girls Diva and Kitty
- Seeing GamerchiX grow to 936 members in just over 6 months
- GamerchiX winning Community/Team of the Year in GTR’s Xbox Live Community Awards
- Xbox Ambassadors
- Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Roxy in LA
- Colin Farrell’s home video
- TriXiebot 720!
- Viva Pinata!
- Going to Italy twice! Once for PGR 3 tournament and once for World Cyber Games
- Mini-vacations in San Diego and New York (not working! yay!)
- Getting a million hits on this blog
Lowlights of the year:
- Getting some dumb Messenger virus!
- Windstorm ’06 knocking out power
- My whirlm ‘cutie’ and lickatoad ‘hopper’ getting eaten! I don’t give them names anymore.
- Getting thrashed on Majornelson.com for having an annoying voice
- Breathing in gamerfunk for three days at PAX. (But PAX itself was awesome!)
- That bad thing I did and got busted for
- Xbox Holiday Party
- "Winning" the Biggest Choke award for Xbox.com Field Day for a terrible water balloon toss which lost my team the event.
- The baby that cried for 10 hours non-stop Amsterdam to Seattle
- Coming back from Italy to find my power shut off because I forgot to pay the bill. D’oh
- Leaving my DS in the seat pocket on a flight back from LA
So actually, the lowlights aren’t all that terrible. No death and destruction… I must be pretty lucky! Here’s to more good luck in 2007. Shake and Bake, baby!
Now that your hangover has abated; what were your highlights and lowlights?