The end of an era and an archeological dig
I’ve been in my current office at Xbox for over four years. It is the messiests, nastiest office on campus. My filth has kept me from having to share an office for a very long time. That time has now come to an end. On Monday, my awesome Editorial Assistant BaldSnail will be moving in. So Friday, me, BaldSnail and dammy spent a good three hours cleaning up. We filled two jumbo garbage cans, and I had three boxes of stuff in the hall of stuff to give away, and two boxes of stuff to take home. Here are some of the interesting things we unearthed:
- Beta discs from the very beginning of Xbox Live: Unreal Championship, Whacked, and the Live dash update disc.
- About 6 dollars in change.
- A petrified Frito. BaldSnail told dammy he’d give her 20 bucks to eat it, but she called his bluff and asked to see the money and he backed down.
- A CD insert of Hot Fuss signed by all four members of The Killers.
- My long-lost LipFusion lipgloss in a limited edition color.
- A cool foam stress ball in the shape of the moon from Corbis.
- A Rat Pack CD Major Nelson loaned me three years ago.
- A tiny bottle of Grand Marnier I got for my birthday in 2003.
- An Edgar Degas calendar from 2004.
- Il Postino on VHS.
- The original Godfather on DVD that was missing from my boxed set. The movie I replaced last week.
- Xbox mousepads from 2001.
- Mardi Gras beads.
- A paper fan Major Nelson brought me from TGS 2005.
The office was filled with dust, but I didn’t not find any animal or insect life. Poor BaldSnail probably deserves hazard pay for having to not only work with me, but also shack up with me. Send him your condolences.