What’s up on the dot com.
Now that my Peter Moore tears are drying, I wanted to let you know about some stuff you don’t want to miss on Xbox.com:
- Game with Fame with Velvet Revolver. It’s happening this Friday at 10pm – midnight Eastern/7pm-9pm Pacific. So look for GWFVelvet online and curb stomp a rock star. Don’t hurt Slash. I love him.
- Comic-Con. Xbox is Bringing it Home. Major Nelson and VideoMonkey have been bitching about having to go. Me and KP have no sympathy for them. We would rock that mofo down.
- Circuit City bus tour. This will correspond with the World Cyber Games regional finals in LA, Indy, Dallas and New York on two weekends in August. You can visit the bus at local CC stores to play games, beg for swag, and maybe even win yourself a wildcard spot in the regional championships! I may go to either LA or Dallas. LA’s closer, but I hate it.
- Congrats to Joe The Destroyer88 Stewart, who won The Simpsons Movie Premiere Sweepstakes. He and a guest got to attend the LA movie premiere last night. I sent Xbox.com columnist SoozyQ down there to cover the event, so look for that story soon on the dot com.
- World Cyber Games Asian Championship. VideoMonkey and I are packing our bags and heading to Singapore next week to cover this cool event featuring 120 gamers from 12 countries. You’ll be able to follow all the action here. Competitive gaming is a major spectator sport in many parts of Asia, and the crowd is expected to be about 30,000 people. Any of you trixieblog readers been to Singapore? Any tips, besides don’t chew gum?
- Don’t miss the debut of my bitch KP’s column, Preferred Player. Besides making Master Chief and Horace Horstachio act out the back pages of the Kama Sutra, he’s a hardcore gamer and a very good writer.