SleezyBaby, Sony Boy, and Cupcakes
Okay okay, enough with the blog pressure from you people. Can’t a girl take a long weekend once in a while? Here are some miscellaneous items from the last few days:
- Congrats to SleezyBaby, from New Orleans, who won my MTV gift bag in the latest GamerSpeak giveaway.
- Yay for my friend A, who got engaged this weekend. Yeah, marriage is a crock, but the ring is frickin’ sa-weet. I’ll take one diamond solitaire, hold the ball and chain, please.
- Boo to a jackass who was mean to my other friend. You suck, dude. This is me, flipping you off. Visualize it.
- Met the new Xbox.com boss last week. He seems pretty cool actually–used to work at Rolling Stone, so he’s probably got some good stories. I suggested a ‘Welcome to Xbox kegger" and he said, "I was told you’d suggest that." So good, he knows what he’s getting into.
- Yikes! Finished reading Chuck Pahalniuk’s latest–Haunted. People have been passing out and puking at the readings. It was kinda gross when the dude had to gnaw through his own intestines, but I managed to keep my Cheetos down.
- My backup E3 lackey, Josh, interviewed me on his blog. Check it out here.
- Saw Madagascar. It was freakin’ funny. I ate an inhuman amount of popcorn, and they didn’t put enough buttergoo on it. Best part was when the monkey says "If you have any poo, fling it now." Cuz nothing is funnier than poo.
- Got an email from Sony Boy today reminding me of our bet. (See "The Sony Party Sucked" last bullet point. Wants to know if interest will accrue over the two year span. Wants to hear how things are going in Redmond. Am I being corporate espionaged? Just what are his motives? He also directed my attention to..
- The E3 limited edition Xbox 360 faceplate (#0001 out of 5000) sold on eBay for $612. I mean, it’s cool and all, but damn, do you know how many pairs of shoes I could buy for that? About four.
- Speaking of shoes, I bought a cute pair of MIA wedge slides this weekend. Then I proceeded to wear them while strolling about Ballard with O (dinner at the Old Town, then a delightful dessert at Cupcake Royale). The shoes are extremely fab, but they have 4 1/2 inch heels and gave me three nasty blisters. So it was back to cowboy boots for me today.
- Deep Throat. Hehe. That just always makes me laugh.