E3: Day 2. What you DIDN’T see at the Press Briefing
Made you look! No, I’m not spilling any beans here. I already got busted for publishing something that wasn’t supposed to be published. I saw some Xbox dudes in the lobby and they flipped me shit. Asked if I was going to leak the name of the next console. I said, "Yeah it’s Xbox Kiss My Ass."
Here’s the rundown on Day 2
- 7:30am call in the lobby. Too dang early.
- Have an icky remorseful feeling all day from my shameful behavior the night before. Wish I could control-Z that!
- One coworker locked himself out of his room in his underwear. Had to go to the lobby in his skivvies!
- Another coworker lost his PT Cruiser in the E3 garage. If it had been anyone else we would have given him a raft of shit. But since he’s the boss we just had to suck it up and go, "Hmmm, maybe it’s over there?"
- Saw the Xbox MVPs waiting in line to get into Grauman’s Chinse when I was leaving. e proudly showed off the fact that he was wearing denim shorts. I told him he looks like a troll.
- Hung out in a suite at the Roosevelt all day. I know it’s supposed to be all swanky, but it sorta reminds me of prison. One of those country club prisions, but still. You know how I hate those minimalist modern snooty hotels ie the Mondrian.
- Went to the convention center and picked up my press creds. WooT!
- Got all stoked when I saw the blogger bus. Ran into John P and Cesar in the hotel lobby and they’d just been to the store stocking up on goodies for the bus. Yes, Virginia, they did get Diet Coke.
- Had dinner with my new boss, who just arrived from Seattle. He comes to us from MSNBC and seems pretty cool. Definitely knows his stuff. I’m sure I made a delightful first impression as I swilled cosmos and complained about the whiners and babies among the Ambassadors that I am going to purge from the program when I get back to Redmond.
- For those of you keeping track, Elle has thus far kept to her side of the bed.