Why is MySpace so creepy?

Okay, most of you know I also have a MySpace–though I far prefer Spaces. Here’s a good example why I like it here better. This morning I get a message from a dude I don’t know. Here is the edited version:
mmmmmmmmmm god, you are YUMMMMMMMy….

Ive got my [edit], looking at your pics~

206-[phone number]…tell me to [edit] when i answer.

And the picture? I can’t even describe it. Let’s just say my first thought was ‘holy crap, that CAN’T be real!’ WTF is wrong with people? What is it about MySpace that is so creeptastic? Is it the sheer volume of people on it? Is it the cheesy ads? My page there is clearly work-related. Nowhere do I hint that I am looking for dudes.
Yucky. I need to loofah that image out of my mind. Here’s hoping that when Spaces gets social networking it doesn’t go downhill. Fingers crossed.

30 thoughts on “Why is MySpace so creepy?

1. Chris on said:

Lol, that dude is pretty creepy.   {Oh and by the way my comment saying i was single the other day was a total joke. I swear im not that myspace creep lol. }             Also i have to agree with you that MSN spaces is better, did you hear about all the new features that will be included in Live Spaces. You will be able to have a friends list similar to myspace but it will tie into your msn messenger and other live features. Sounds interesting.

2. I am so glad not to be on myspaces.Must be the reason for sites like this doing so well:

3. Kevin on said:

Don’t forget to really scrub around the temporal lobes of the brain when you loofah that image out…

Myspace sucks, come on now.  I have an profile on it with no pics,
    no blogs, no anything.  I hope MSN Spaces stays cool too, but I
    always have GTP.

5. Silver on said:

I’ve never been impressed with the quality at myspaces. MSN Spaces is 100% better IMO. I agree with your notion that the sheer volume at myspaces makes it creepy, weird, and at least for me, a complete waste of mytime and effort.

6. Mike on said:

Not a fan of either really…I truly prefer plain old blogspot.  I get to play with the HTML all I want and make something visually appealing. 100% done by me (visually) and I love it.
    My buddy Matt puts it best–Myspace allows people to create abominations.

7. GreenLantern4 on said:

Shhhh..shhh…calm my little Trixie.  Can you now say that a little slower and sexier? mmmmmmmmmm.
    Seriously though….
    I don’t have a ‘myspace’ account and don’t care to get one for this various reason.  I mean…come on.  Can you imagine the trama I would endure if all these girls start to send obscene and naked pictures of themselves to me?
    ….and by trama, I mean the concussion my girlfriend would give me.

8. James on said:

Yes, I also tend to stay away from community websites infiltrated with third world pedophiles.  And TriX, your description above just made me go…………..EEEEWWWWW!

9. Trisha on said:

Creepy and Disgusting.  I dont like the layout of myspace.  I have one but I havent done anything to it in a while.  Msn Spaces are much nicer and user friendly.

10. ♥Stacey♥ on said:

WOW!! Scrub really good. I think I might need to take a shower to get the thought out of my head.. spaces is so much better..

11. DirtyDiva on said:

Dude…that reminds me of something on Craigs List. A couple of years ago, my coworkers and I got bored so we started checking out the weirdo posts on that site. One dude said he loved to … um … do things with his … err … you know what in his office and take pics. All he wanted was for someone to email him asking him to do something with it. We made a fake email address and sent him a note telling him to wrap it up with colored rubber bands. No more than an hour later, we checked the email and he had sent an apology note…He said he had no rubber bands…BUT…He found black and white twisty ties and there it was…A nice pic of him with the twisty ties you know where. I haven’t been on the site since. Way too freaked out.

MySpace is a social disease

13. MIKE on said:

I hate ‘MySpace’. Made only one post and it’s better if I don’t share it…

14. Chris on said:

there still is no denying that myspace is a great advertising tool.
    Also the fact that there are so many people on it make it a great way to netwok with old friends.At the moment its just not that easy to network thrrough msn spaces.But like i said in my last comment that will all change with the introduction of Live Spaces!!!

15. Daylon on said:

is anyone gonna kill me if i thought that MSN Spaces were a MySpace upgrade or something lol..i had NO idea they were two different things lmao
    but i ofcourse eventually found out they were indeed different 😉

16. Antonio Swayz on said:

laughing out loud….lmao

看護   為替   有料老人ホーム   結婚式   ウェディング   ウェディング   結婚式   外国為替   東京 土地   ショッピング枠 現金化   出会い系   現金化   クレジットカード 現金化   クレジットカード 現金化   ドロップシッピング   副業   美容整形   アルバイト 求人情報   引越   沖縄旅行   医院開業   人材派遣   競馬予想   FX   ローン  派遣会社  競馬予想

クレジットカード現金化 賃貸 中央区
    賃貸 丸ノ内線 賃貸 中央線 賃貸 新築 賃貸 杉並 賃貸 京浜東北線 賃貸 大田区  賃貸 北区  賃貸 江東区 賃貸 品川 賃貸 渋谷 賃貸 新宿 賃貸 目黒賃貸 世田谷 賃貸 千代田区 賃貸 池袋 賃貸 中野 賃貸 文京区

22. Dell vostro 1500 Battery Dell vostro 1700 Battery Toshiba pa3285u-3brs Battery Asus a32-f3 Battery Asus f3 Battery Toshiba pa3285u-3bas Battery Liteon 1500 Adapter Liteon 1520 Adapter HP pavilion dv9000 Battery HP pavilion dv9600 Battery HP pavilion dv2000 Battery HP pavilion dv6000 Battery laptop battery laptop batteries dell laptop battery dell laptop batteries Dell latitude d620 Battery Dell latitude d630 Battery hp laptop battery hp laptop batteries dell laptop battery dell laptop batteries dell laptop ac adapter dell laptop ac adapters dell laptop ac adapter Dell inspiron 1520 Battery Dell inspiron 6400 Battery Dell inspiron 1720 Battery Dell inspiron 6400 Battery dell laptop ac adapters dell laptop ac adapter dell laptop ac adapters laptop ac adapter laptop ac adapters Liteon nx9500 Adapter Compaq presario v4000 Battery Toshiba pa3356u-3bas Battery Toshiba pa3400u-1brs Battery Toshiba pa3400u-1bas Battery Dell pc764 Battery Hp 2133 Battery Hp 2230 Battery Hp 2230s Battery Toshiba pa3534u-1brs Battery