Randomocity: XGX, WCG, Xbox.com
- More discussion about the GamerchiX article on Kotaku and Salon.com. A lot of people disagree with a girls-only group. I disagree that getting trashtalked and hit on is the ‘cost of entry’ for playing games online. If something’s broken you try to fix it – in whatever small way you’re able.
- Getting ready to go on the road again: First Orlando for the World Cyber Games US Final, home for less than 24 hours, then back on a plane headed for Tokyo and Tokyo Game Show.
- Weather in Orlando next week: 91 degrees and thunderstorms. Please no hurricanes! My hair is frizzing up at the thought.
- Pontiac’s First to Play thing. If you’re in San Francisco, your chance is coming on Tuesday.
- GamerchiX is over 3,100 girls strong now! 4 of them are going to come help me out at the Xbox booth in Orlando next week! These ladies are the BEST!
- How did it get to be September already? I miss summer.
- Have you checked out the Back to Old School page? We just added some new stuff yesterday including Major Nelson’s Old School playlist, and GamerSpeaks about your favorite Old School movies and TV shows. Plus that Major Nelson mullet cracks me up everytime I see it!
- Coming next week on Xbox.com: Community Spotlight on GayGamer.net!
- Coming in October: Super cool Halloween treats for the family. Manric and I are working on a most excellent sweepstakes too!
- Coming in November: Did you know Xbox LIVE will be five years old on November 15? Did you think we’d let a milestone like that pass by without celebrating?