TriXie Goes to College

This Saturday I’ll be doing a presentation about community and stuff at UCLA as part of a graduate school conference called iFutures: Systems, Selves, Society.

If you live in the LA area, and can give up your Saturday morning cartoons, I’d love to see some friendly faces in the crowd. I’m super nervous and would definitely appreciate the moral support!!

Here are the details: It’s from 9 – 10:30am at the Northwest Campus Auditorium on the UCLA campus. It’s free to get in, but there’s some sort of parking cost.

If you can’t make it, do you have any advice for me? Besides picturing the audience in their skivvies? Wink

32 thoughts on “TriXie Goes to College

1. Scratch on said:

Whatever you do. Do not picture them in their skivvies.  It would be too embarrassing to explain why you started laughing hysterically for no known reason.  Also at the end of the speech say "There are 10 million of us on Xbox Live!, so join us and jump in."

2. Wow, here’s some sincere moral support Trixie! Go you, wish I could be there

3. Rainmaker2112 on said:

Just tell the story you know of xbox.com growth through your own eyes; what worked and what didn’t.  Also, and especially tell about the Gamerchix and its growth.  The best presenters are those who are passionate about their subjects and don’t recite theories or hypothesis, but those who relate flesh-and-bone experiences.  You’ll do just great and the audience will be better for it!!!!!

Oh and don’t go by any frat-boy houses UNTIL after the presentation.  Don’t want to see you in the sunglasses like last years visit to LA, eh?

4. From a public-speaking point of view, take as few notes with you as possible – just a couple of bullet points of maybe the broad areas you want to cover, and nothing else.  I think that presenters that rely on notes too much, or worse still a "script" lose the passion for their subject and it stops the personality of the presenter shining through.  Just be yourself, make mistakes, and feel free to be informal – people appreciate the personality just as much as they appreciate the topic.  And the best way to calm the nerves is to treat the experience as if you’re talking to one or two people.

5. you make a segment for 10 million people in live, and you are nervous for this ? come on, you’ll be fine, no need for a build up. True what someone said, be as informal as you can, that way you’ll be me more comfortable and surely a lot funnier. Good luck !Btw that pic : " Miss trixie, what have we told you about taking your clothes off in public events ?"

That is awesome advice everyone, thank you SO much. kLaUs, when I film Community Confidential I can’t SEE the 10 million people looking at me!

Thanks again everybody for your support!

7. You’ll befine trixie, you have a lot of confidence already. You do Inside Xbox, and a lot of work for xbox.com I can’t imagine how much more you can be prepared for this. Just imagine the audience as your fellow colleagues, or maybe that you’re giving a lecture on the topic to a bunch of monkeys or babies that don’t know anything. Lol You’ll do great trixie

8. You’ll rock it out, TriXie, I know it…

I wish it were next week, so I could actually be there (Break start the 7th, and I’m itching to travel…  suggestions?)

When you get to town, see if there’s an In-an-Out Burger around.  get a Double Double (Animal Style), and prear to rock their world…

9. Surly Duff on said:

I’m late…but so what.Tricks for talking:Know your material and be confident.  You do those two things and the passion for the content will come out.  That’s it.  I’ve already briefed two 3 star admirals in my short career with no problems with that preparation.

10. Robert on said:

Hi Trixie, How did this gig come to be?Pete

11. Scratch on said:

How was it??

I was there. You did great! Best invited talk in the whole conference…

13. Hey, how did it go?

看護   為替   有料老人ホーム   結婚式   ウェディング   ウェディング   結婚式   外国為替   東京 土地   ショッピング枠 現金化   出会い系   現金化   クレジットカード 現金化   クレジットカード 現金化   ドロップシッピング   副業   美容整形   アルバイト 求人情報   引越   沖縄旅行   医院開業   人材派遣   競馬予想   FX   ローン  派遣会社  競馬予想

RMT 株式投資 結婚式 演出 太陽光発電 転職 看護師 釣具 会社設立 バイアグラ データ復旧 フローリング データ復元 投資 横浜 賃貸 ショッピング枠 現金化 データ復旧 テレマーケティング  パソコン自作
    アフィリエイト ブログアフィリエイト 多重債務 お見合いパーティー

害虫駆除 ウィークリーマンション オーク 不動産担保ローン データ復旧 ウェディング お取り寄せグルメ キャッシング 害虫駆除 介護 釣り 結婚指輪  RAID復旧 ウェディングドレス 子宮筋腫 治験 メタボ対策

クレジットカード現金化 賃貸 中央区
    賃貸 丸ノ内線 賃貸 中央線 賃貸 新築 賃貸 杉並 賃貸 京浜東北線 賃貸 大田区  賃貸 北区  賃貸 江東区 賃貸 品川 賃貸 渋谷 賃貸 新宿 賃貸 目黒賃貸 世田谷 賃貸 千代田区 賃貸 池袋 賃貸 中野 賃貸 文京区