I have had my Kindle for almost a year now. I ordered it a year ago tomorrow… I think it was the first day you COULD order them.
Anyway, here’s my assessment: The Kindle is the best thing EVER! I’m reading more because of it, and my ONLY complaint is that it is awkward to use with a book that has footnotes. Here are some fun Trixie Kindle stats:
- Books purchased on the Kindle: 87
- Pages I read electronically instead of on paper: Approximately 26,000
- Trees I saved: 1/3 (A bit disappointing)
- Cost of the Kindle: $399.99 (the price has since dropped)
- Money spent on Kindle books: Approx $750.00
- Money SAVED buying the digital version of books: $757.47
- 1st book I bought on my Kindle: "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz
- Book I’m currently reading on my Kindle: "Just After Sunset: Stories" by Stephen King
- Most expensive Kindle book I purchased: "Not in the Flesh" by Ruth Rendell. Price $16.02.
- Least expensive Kindle book I purchased: "The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes" for 99 cents.
All hail the mighty Kindle!
Think it looks a bit clunky, but still a bit excited for when its released over here. 🙂
oh and 1/3 of a tree may sound small, but if a billion people ended up using one, thats 333 million trees saved a year 🙂
I think I need toget one for sure!
My wife’s been wanting one since launch, but she was thinking of waiting for the 2nd gen. Perhaps I shouldn’t wait that long. I’ve heard lately it may be a while before the next redesign.
I need to get my grandma into the 21st century, and since she reads alot, one of these would be perfect. But it’s too much right now… Maybe someday
At least you can keep in mind that you saved money AND trees. Good job
I can’t get around the form factor of it but I have promised myself that I will buy Kindle 2.0.